Made A Mistake? Let It Go And Go Back To Work
You do your best. Win some, close some, sell some. Then you are tired and make a mistake.
Brooklyn Bridge: View From The Train
What do you do? You want to let it go but it won’t let go of you. Many times at work you do things you regret.
It’s clean up time.
I had a social gathering to attend and the feeling in my gut was that I was way too tired and had overdone it for the day.
“Stay home. Stay home”, said the voice
I listened to the louder voice that said,
“You will meet Robert there and want to make a business connection.You also rarely socialize and its time you do”.
The God given, gut level, intuitive, magical part of me tried to make its case,
“Don’t go, its not the time for this. There will be other networking opportunities. You’re done for the day“.
I listened to one voice over the other and went. I got roped into a conversation I did not want to have, and did not expect. With a hammer and nails being banged into my ego, my pride and my feelings, I let it be known how I felt. In language I usually reserve for inside my head.
In business we encounter choices we have to make.
Its our our gut instinct fighting with our intellect. Going with your gut cannot fail you. Its a magical piece of God that He Put in each of us to use when He is busy.
When you mess up
1) Apologize. To yourself and to your intuition.
2) Place a yellow sticky note inside your brain reminding you to listen. Listen with your insides.
3) Open your to do list and do the next to do, tweet the next tweet and make the next sale.
4) Remember to stop and smell the flowers. Not the ones on Pinterest. Remember those real ones?
5) Give yourself a pat on the back and a healthy meal. No need for chips and chocolate
6) Stay away from negative, energy sucking, leeching, crawling people. There are enough good ones around.
Repeat 1 – 6 as needed.